Milly is experienced in defending the full spectrum of criminal offences, and represents clients at the Police Station, Youth Court, Magistrates’ Court and Crown Court. Milly also has experience dealing with Confiscation Proceedings and applications for Criminal Behaviour Orders.
Milly has worked on a variety of cases, including serious violence, large scale drug operations, and those involving young people and vulnerable individuals suffering from mental health problems and learning difficulties. She is adept at getting to grips with complicated fact patterns and explaining the evidence to clients clearly and concisely.
Milly is committed to getting the best possible results for her clients and will conduct extensive defence enquiries with the use of defence experts when necessary. She has built up a wealth of contacts including psychologists and psychiatrists to ensure that young and vulnerable clients can fully understand the case against them and actively participate in the proceedings.
Milly’s calm professionalism is regularly commented upon by clients and counsel, and she prides herself on client care, being alive to the different needs of the client, and attention to detail.
Milly’s recent work includes the following:
- Representing a client charged with 9 offences relating to his alleged misconduct as a company director, including 4 offences of high value fraud. All charges were dropped against our client following a written abuse of process argument, and representations that it was not in the public interest to continue with the prosecution given that he was nearing the end of serving a six-year prison sentence for similar fraud offences
- Representing a client charged with kidnap and false imprisonment. Various defence experts were instructed and the client was ultimately acquitted
- Representing one of two defendants charged with the attempted murder of a prison officer at a high security prison. Make-shift weapons were used during the attack and it was suggested by the Prosecution that the attack was terrorist motivated
- Representing a client with serious mental health problems who was charged with two counts of wounding with intent on two random members of the public. Numerous psychiatrists were instructed by the defence, and our client was given a hospital order
- Representing one of twenty-two defendants in a large scale drug and firearms conspiracy in Liverpool. Various defence experts were instructed to help our defendants case, including a firearms expert and a forensics expert
- Representing a vulnerable young man who was involved in county line drug offences. Following the instruction of a psychologist, a psychiatrist, and a modern slavery expert, and detailed written representations to the Prosecution that it was not in the public interest to continue with the prosecution against our client, all charges against him were dropped